The deadline for filing the tag application is September 30th, please submit as soon as possible!
For more information on your TAG application please review this site.
1. What is a TAG?
As you might know as a community college student at DVC, there is a safe way, or you can call it a back-up plan to help us get into our dream UC schools. This is what we called transfer admission guaranteed (TAG). Six University of California (UC) campuses offer TAG to students from all California community colleges (CCC). Interested students must meet campus-specific requirements to qualify for a TAG. By participating in a TAG program, students can ensure their admission to a specific UC campus.
2. What are the UC schools offering tag?
The six University of California is UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Santa Bara, UC Santa Cruz, UC Riverside, and UC Merced.
UC Berkeley, UCLA, and UC San Diego are not offering TAG now.
3. Are all majors offered by the TAG?
No, some competitive majors are not including in the TAG program. Please review the tag-matrix pdf link below to see if your major is included in the program.
4. Which school should I tag?
The first thing on the table, you need to clearly review every UC school’s tag requirement for your major.
The website below is the campus-specific requirement for each major.
5. How to apply for TAG?
1. You need to create an account in UC transfer admission planner.
2. Enter all personal information and your contact information.
3. Enter the academic history, including the schools you have attended, courses you have taken, etc.
One thing that needs to be careful is please enter the courses you are currently taking, or you are planning to take in the future.
4. Carefully review all the information you have entered, and finally submit your TAG application! Submit it by September 30th.
Below is a quick view of the guideline of tag filling content.
5. Some small tips
1. Please notice that for each UC campuses which offer UC TAG, the general requirement is quite similar, but you need to keep in mind that for different majors, the GPA requirements, and the courses need to take in DVC are different. So please review it as carefully as possible.
2. Besides the TAG, you still need to submit the general UC application for all campuses, including the campus for which you have a TAG by November 31st. Otherwise, your TAG application will be considered invalid.