Hi fellow transfer applicants, there is a week left to apply for TAG! If you’re wondering what TAG is and how TAG can help you in your UC application, please continue reading!
What is TAG?
A “Transfer Admission Guarantee” (TAG) allows you — as a California community college student — to earn guaranteed acceptance to a university, as long as you follow university-specific instructions, guidelines, and criteria. (including F-1 Visa students transferring directly from California CC)
TAG is available at 6 campuses: Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz
• TAG Application Period for Davis, Irvine, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz: Sept 1-30 for following Fall transfer
• Merced & Riverside – take TAG applications twice a year: Sept 1-30 for Fall transfers; May 1-31 for Winter (Riverside) or Spring (Merced) transfers
What are the Minimum Requirements for UC TAG?
Must transfer from a California community college
Have 45 transferable units completed by end of Summer 2020
Meet campus specific GPA requirement (see Matrix)
Meet English & Math course completion deadlines for campus
Meet selective major requirements
UC TAG Matrix:
(Note: Review the campus TAG website for the most updated articulation agreement)
Things to consider when applying for TAG:
1. Which campus do I want to apply for admission? (Students can only apply for TAG to one campus)
2. Do I meet the TAG GPA? (If not, do I have more time to meet the GPA? Is GPA required now or by end of Fall?)
3. Is a TAG allowed for my major?
4. Will I meet the English & Math deadline?
5. If my major is selective, will I be able to complete the prerequisites by the end of Spring?
TAG Application Tips & Reminder:
Gather ALL transcripts before entering data into Transfer Admission Planner
Read carefully, answer all questions, save your work. TAGs are often denied because of incomplete and inaccurate information
Report ALL courses as it appears on your transcripts, whether you believe they are transferable or not(include withdrawals, repeats, and incompletes).
Apply for one TAG, but you may apply to multiple campuses for admission
The major for TAG must match the major you choose in the UC application
Report any colleges attended including universities out of the united states
Explain any gaps in your education after high school.
Summer 2021 units do not count towards admission requirements, but can be transferred
The TAG application differs from the UC Application for Admission. Don’t forget to submit the UC Undergraduate Application(November 1-30)
Useful Link & Resources(Click to open):
ASSIST News (De Anza’s temporary site for ASSIST system updates and related info)
For more information and tips on how to complete the TAG application, attend an upcoming ISP UC TAG Workshop on Wednesday, 9/23 from 11:00AM-12:00PM
and Friday, 9/25 from 2:00PM-3:00PM!
In addition, attend an upcoming Transfer Center UCTAG Clinic and get more information and support from Transfer Center counselors.