Time is TBD|
NBPC Workshop 6: The entrepreneurial mindset
Professor Nichole McGarity from Shoreline Community College will lecture on systematical thinking for business
Time & Location
Time is TBD
About the Event
Live Workshop Time: Sep 22, 5:00 PM -- 6:00 PM PST
LIve Workshop Link: https://zoom.us/j/93396010761
(No matter whether you choose to show up at live workshop or watch the video recording, you have to register to this educational workshops to be eligible for participation certificate. You CAN still register to this sessoin after the date of its live session)
Nichole McGarity Nicky McGarity has been an instructor of entrepreneurship at Shoreline Community College for over three years and has run her successful consultancy helping entrepreneurs become sustainable for four years. A veteran of the United States Marine Corps and nonprofit sustainability, she is an expert in creative problem solving and resiliency. She adamantly believes that business, particularly small business, is our society's best tool for social change and improving all lives in our communities.
Join Nicky McGarity, instructor of social entrepreneurship at Shoreline Community College and owner of Nicky McGarity Consulting LLC, for an introduction into Systems Thinking for Entrepreneurs. This essential skill for developing the Entrepreneurial Mindset and successful startups will help new entrepreneurs break down complex problems, see and implement unique and more effective solutions, and identify unique market opportunities. By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
1. Identify and describe the 9 systems archetypes within the business context.
2. Understand how a systems model generates behavior and identify opportunities to create ethical outcomes.
3. Develop strategies for creative problem solving within business systems contexts.
4. Understand how elements within a system change over time, generating patterns and trends.
5. Test and validate results, then change actions as needed based on “successive approximation”.